After You’ve got Lower The first Section
The scissors-over-comb approach, often used by barbers, is important for many different cuts for men and women. This explicit method permits you to chop near the head and follow the hairline. For those who do it proper, you end up with a softer look, but not a freshly shaved look like you get with clippers.
You’ll need to start out with a head of freshly washed, damp hair. Lower the top ½ of the haircut, eradicating the majority. Instructions for this may be found within the Newbie’s Information to Cutting Hair in chapter 11. After that’s accomplished, you’ll be able to move onto the decrease ½ of the haircut. Listed below are some guidelines that can assist you:
* Beginning at the hairline, elevate a piece of hair together with your comb in hair tutorial easy your holding hand (left hand).
* Reduce off the hair that sticks previous the comb along with your scissors (in your cutting hand). The lower blade (the stationary blade) have to be parallel to your comb.
*Keep the blade of your scissors transferring as you minimize a bit (one comb’s price) of hair. In case you stop “mid cut”, you will get little nick marks.
*Open and close the blades all the way so that many of the chopping is completed with the middle part of the blades slightly than the guidelines. Cutting with the guidelines can result in choppy, uneven cuts.
* Try to do all of the reducing work along with your thumb(higher) blade somewhat than your lower (finger) blade. Your lower blade should stay as still as attainable – that’s why it is known as the stationary blade.
* Cut the hair close to your comb however do not actually touch it (except the fashion could be very brief). You may find yourself cutting into your comb and damaging your scissors.
* After you’ve reduce the primary section, raise some of the reduce hair along with the subsequent part you want to cut to act as your guide. Do not reduce any of the hairs from your previous cut – they are simply there to guide you.
* It’s essential to keep your comb at a constant distance and angle from the scalp to get a clean reduce. This is very troublesome in curved or rounded areas such because the nape of the neck.
* Work your method around the hair tutorial easy bottom ½ of the haircut, lifting both vertical or diagonal sections. Keep away from horizontal.
* Stand to one side as you do this technique, not directly in entrance of what you might be slicing. This lets you more easily see the angle of the comb and the quantity of hair you are cutting.
* It helps to have long scissor blades for this technique. Shorter scissors can consequence in more unevenness as well as horizontal “steps” because your hand will likely be in the best way.
This technique takes a whole lot of observe, however when you get it proper, you can blend and lower very quick hairstyles with a clear, even look.