How To make use of A Weave As A Protective Type
Hey people! I’ve determined to use a full sew-in weave as a protecting type for some time. I am very proud of my determination to do this, but I thought I should go into critical detail relating to the maintenance of my hair underneath. Out of sight, out of mind doesn’t apply relating to your hair. Let me state that that is how I Select TO TAKE CARE OF MY HAIR through the weave process. Take what you will from it and tweak what it’s good to. Let’s get started..
Before You Install the Weave:
1. Wash and deep condition the hair along with your alternative of gentle and high quality merchandise.
2. Moisturize the size of the hair utilizing the L.O.C. Technique.
3. Air dry
4. Take the weave that you’re going to put in and wash it. I make clear and deep situation the hair the same manner I might my own hair. Go in the same course as the cuticle and don’t tangle the hair. I may or may not use heat through the conditioning process. ( It’s crazy how much hair dye comes out of the weave if you wash it.) If you are utilizing virgin hair, this course of may or will not be obligatory.
5. Make certain to scrub the weave in warm water and rinse the conditioner out in cold water. This will help the weave to be very delicate when it dries.
6. Let the weave air dry.
After You Set up the Weave:
1. malasian hair Get a spray bottle or an applicator bottle with the narrow nozzle. Fill it up together with your favorite liquid moisturizer. S-curl is superior to use, but if you don’t have that then you can at all times dilute your favorite cheapie conditioner with water, add glycerine and natural oils.
2. Lift up each track and spray or squeeze your moisturizer on the braids. That is time consuming, however completely necessary and it feels good.
3. Get another applicator bottle and fill it with your favorite oil to seal the moisturizer within the hair. Be sure you get the oil in your hair and scalp and not the weave.
4. Use the information of your fingers to therapeutic massage the whole lot in. It will really feel great!
5. Fashion as typical and cover with a silk or satin scarf or bonnet for bed. Sustaining extensions is time consuming and requires lots of persistence. Cleansing and washing your hair correctly is crucial to maintaining optimal hair well being. Subsequent, you’ll discover the steps I take to wash my hair with a sew-in weave.
Ensure to clean Your Real Hair Beneath AND the Weave
Begin by combing by the hair with a large tooth comb to take away all tangles. In case you are sporting a curly weave, then I would use my fingers to detangle. Begin from the ends to the roots.
Fill a spray bottle up with diluted shampoo and spray the scalp and hair. Use the strategy of spraying in between each observe to get as shut as potential to the scalp. Proceed by spraying the remainder of the weave.
Rinse the shampoo out of the hair using heat water and a large tooth comb. Just remember to rinse the scalp completely and eradicating all the soap from the scalp.
Apply your favourite conditioner the identical manner you applied the shampoo, but let the conditioner sit on the hair for some time. * I’m loopy about preserving my weave soft and clean, and one of many methods I do that’s with a superb conditioner. Your weave will thanks!*
Rinse the conditioner out and let your hair air dry. Don’t APPLY any oils to the hair weave, and do try to limit your use of a heated appliance.
1. Hair should be washed weekly!
Caring on your Actual Hair
I’m obsessive about retaining my hair below the weave wholesome and robust. There isn’t any level of wearing a protective style in case your refuse to care for your hair.
Moisturize – I’m obsessive about preserving my hair moisturized underneath a sew-in weave. My go to selection of moisturizer is a braid spray. I’ll use a braid spray or moisturizer generously on the hair every different day. This takes care of my scalp as well, and it ensures that I won’t have dry/brittle hair when i remove the braids.
Oiling – My scalp can get very dry underneath a weave and it is not unusual for me to expertise a couple of flakes. Oiling my scalp nightly is one thing I try to do faithfully. Purchasing a bottle with a thin nozzle, or a spray bottle and filling it with your favourite oil will do the trick. Apply this this oil liberally to the pure hair solely. You do not wish to get your sew-in weave greasy as it will spoil the standard of hair.
Washing – The natural hair and weave hair should be washed weekly no matter what. Wholesome hair grows out of a clear and wholesome scalp. Being in a weave is not any excuse to not wash the hair. I am cautious to use a sulfate-free shampoo throughout this time.
Deep Conditioning – After shampooing the hair and weave, I apply a deep conditioner on both the weave hair and my uncovered hair and sit beneath a hooded dryer for no less than half-hour. The natural hair and weave love this course of, and it also helps to keep the hair moist.
Protect Your Hairline – I protect my hairline by massaging castor oil into it each single night time and whereas styling, if I remember. Weaves and braids can wreak havoc on the hairline if you aren’t cautious. Take the mandatory precaution by massaging and making use of castor oil as typically as doable. Additionally, during set up, ensure that the braids aren’t too taught.
Have you used a sew-in weave as a protective model How do you care for your hair beneath the weave